Jan 24, 2010

GoPro Hero HD camera

Yesterday I went out to Bridgeport Village to pick up a GoPro Hero HD Camera for the season.

Initial impressions have been great, the camera is really easy set up and use. The packaged mounting system is ok. The mounts that will work on my fullface helmets use 3m adhesive.. which is cool but I don't want it to become a permanent fixture to my helmet. So i'm going to invest in their chest mount and the handlebar/seatpost mount. This camera will make a great addition to my season for sure and will definitely help with sharing my days on the trail. I'm going to talk to roger about fabricating some different mounts to give some really cool angles. The angle i'm really thinking about trying to get is a "Third" person view... like from video games. All we'd need to do is get a pole.. attach it to the back of my bike somehow. I was thinking about it and a curved pole will be the way to go because i think the camera will capture a minimum about of the mounting system.

If anyone has any ideas on how to create some creative angles... please let me know.

Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Glenn Stelter said...

you could attach it to your crotch, call it balls view.

or your wheels. that would be cool. people might get sick though.

Life said...

chest mount all the way!