Jan 12, 2010

Rerack of PDX saves the day and me a lot of $$$$$.

Photobucket

Recently as none of you know I bought a new car - I went from a Subaru Forester with factory rails and crossbars to a Subaru Impreza with some inlayed rails. I already had a Yakima King Cobra so I figured easy swap right? Get some crossbars and whatever i need to connect it to the rails right? I also thought this would be a great opportunity to pick up another Yakima King Cobra so I can throw another bike on top, since I didn't have the ability to jam one in the back of the car like I did with the forester.

No big deal right? Couple hundred bucks well worth the investment. WRONG. Yakima sells these little plastic pads and these pretty creative little "control towers" for A LOT of money. I got a quote a on the Yakima site using their "Fit my car" feature and was unpleasantly surprised when i got a quote twice as much as i wanted to pay. I was super stoked but i figured I've gotta get it otherwise how am i going to get my bike to the trails this summer. Well Roger told me awhile back about a place in Portland called Rerack. They sell new and used Yakima and Thule rack systems. I emailed them and within a business day I got a quote for exactly what I wanted for what I was budgeting. Not only that but he let me know that they'll even install it for me at no extra cost.

Laurie and I showed up .. walked in and told him exactly what I was looking for.. Mike (the guy that helped us) got everything together really quick.. helped me save some extra money by finding some quality used crossbars and got it all ready for my bike.. he even took me through how to take it on and off... its literally a snap. Great work by the guys at Rerack.. i'm super stoked and will definitely go back anytime I need anything rack related.

They saved my summer.

No comments: